As the mass distribution of COVID-19 vaccines begins across the U.S., health systems are faced with the challenge of preparing their EHRs to support the administration of the vaccine to patients.
Health systems need their EHRs to enable vital activities including:
- Adding vaccine products into the EHR formulary – including adding them to medication/preferred drug lists, creating order sets and making them available for order and administration
- Supporting mass vaccination workflows
- Screening to determine eligibility and prioritizing patients for COVID-19 vaccination
- Scheduling vaccination first- and second-dose appointments
- Supporting unscheduled, walk-in patient vaccination workflows
- Collecting vaccination consent forms and other documentation
- Documenting adverse reactions to the vaccination
- Reporting to appropriate agencies in accordance with state, local and hospital requirements
Our established, national network of high-quality professionals with specialized healthcare IT skills includes analysts to support configuration needs for the following modules.
- Healthy Planet
- PB | HB
- Willow Ambulatory | Inpatient
- Home Health Hospice
- Clin Doc
- Cerner Core
We can deliver qualified candidates in 48 hours or less. If you are in need of these specialized skillsets, reach out to HCTec today!
Good to Know: HCTec assumes the employee lifecycle burden for health systems, from candidate identification and assessment to onboarding and training. Additionally, our Performance Guarantee provides that in the event someone is not a fit during their first 40 hours, HCTec will credit back the time worked and provide a replacement for free.