Phase 2: Onboarding
Staffing Process & Methodology
HCTec go-live teams are reliable, trusted, and proven on previous go-lives during many years. One of the most important aspects of HCTec screening is the requirement that teams are built from known, reliable resources that have proven themselves on previous HCTec training projects. When there is a need to add resources, our process follows strict guidelines:
- All new members must be referred by one of our current team members.
- The resource is vetted by one of our go-live SMEs to ensure they are knowledgeable in the module(s) they will be supporting.
- They meet the criteria for HCTec’s 5-Star Certification Program.
Unique to HCTec, the 5-Star Certification Program gives you confidence in project delivery by requiring team members to have the following qualifications:
HCTec will ensure all documents and information needed are completed before a consultant can begin his or her engagement. Our resources will use our LMS to complete courses on customer service, HIPAA, and acknowledge HCTec’s consultant handbook. All compliance requirements will be reviewed during our web conferences. During web conferences, our management team will set proper expectations on all consultant deliverables such as:
- Workflows specific to the locations
- Address workflow-specific questions
- Go-live program timelines and milestones
- Scheduling process, including meal breaks and rest periods
- HR introduction and onboarding requirements
- Vaccinations and immunizations
- Vacation, time off, and blackout dates
- Communication and issue escalation protocols
- Team and individual performance reviews and updates.
Risk Mitigation & Personnel Management
Consultant turnover during go-lives may occur to occasional unforeseen events. HCTec’s turnover rates have averaged 1% or less within the last year. Despite low turnover, a risk mitigation plan is a necessity:
- The onsite manager will work proactively with the client to ensure client needs are anticipated, this includes identifying potential situations, bringing in additional support before replacing existing staff and/or filling in with trained management staff until replacement staff arrives
- HCTec is prepared with a bench of go-live support consultants equal to 15% of the total go-live staffing to ensure needs are always met.
- HCTec provides a replacement go-live resource within 24-48 hours without any travel/logistic expense cost to you.